万宝路平台官网In today’s modern world, the internet is always in your pocket, and you don’t have to spend very long online to see an advertisement. Ads show up on Instagram, Facebook feeds, and blogs, and if you follow an influencer then you’ve probably seen their sponsored posts. Behind each of these ads is an internet marketing manager.
Internet marketing managers mastermind social media campaigns, oversee video production projects, and manage websites, all with an eye toward increasing their company’s public presence. These managers can work for nonprofits, small businesses, or large corporations and they can be found in most industries. The (BLS) projects that advertising, promotions, and marketing manager positions will grow 10% between 2016 and 2026—faster than the national average for all professions.
万宝路平台官网If you’re organized, creative, and goal-oriented, you might enjoy a career in internet marketing. The for promotions managers is $132,620 per year and earning a master’s degree in this field is convenient with an online program. The best online programs provide practical experience, and graduates leave with impressive portfolios that lead to jobs as marketing directors, social media managers, or communication coordinators.
Online Master’s in Internet Marketing Degree Program Ranking Guidelines
万宝路平台官网We selected the degree programs listed below based on quality and range of courses provided, as well as school awards, rankings, and reputation.
The Best Online Master’s in Internet Marketing Programs
1. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
A global research institution, U of I educates more than 47,000 students. The school was founded in 1867 and currently serves as the flagship campus for the University of Illinois system. The Gies College of Business, established in 1915, educates 4,200 students and offers more than 20 programs, including 12 advanced degrees. The iMBA, offered in partnership with Coursera, brings the college’s rigorous MBA program to a virtual classroom. The iMBA is a career-curated, first-of-its-kind experience that prepares graduate students for business mastery.
The 24-part iMBA features three optional specializations. The specialization explores the potential of data-driven promotion and sales. Students not only learn how to navigate the digital environment, but also how to apply analytics, defend strategies, and use emerging online channels. Core courses, meanwhile, focus on developing leadership skills, investing capital, and assessing markets. Courses in the iMBA blend asynchronous, self-paced video lectures and synchronous, interactive online class sessions. Most students take 23 to 36 months to complete the 72-credit program.
万宝路平台官网To apply, prospective students must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Applicants submit an essay and three letters of recommendation. U of I recommends submitting GMAT or GRE scores. The admissions office approves applications three times per year.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
2. Brandeis University
Brandeis University was founded in 1948 in Waltham, Massachusetts as a nonsectarian institution for research. The school has promoted distance education for more than a decade and currently offers 12 master’s degrees and one graduate certificate.
Launched in 2015, Brandeis University’s explores the topics fundamental to digital design. Consisting of 10 courses, this 30-credit program prepares graduates to create online campaigns, brand promotion, and product launches across a variety of digital channels. Students learn the keys to digital marketing strategy, including how to optimize content, recognize marketing gaps, and capitalize on new opportunities. Distance learners also gain skills in advanced media tools and SEO best practices.
万宝路平台官网Students in the program complete seven required core courses and three electives. Core courses offer a broad overview of digital marketing with topics such as web analytics and writing for digital environments. Electives focus on the development of marketable skills such as digital imaging, software development, and responsive web design. Courses are asynchronous and generally serve 12 students. All classes cap at 20 students. Part-time students can complete the online digital marketing and design MS at Brandeis in 18 months. Applicants must have taken at least two marketing courses or have two years of relevant work experience. The school does not require GRE or GMAT scores.
万宝路平台官网Brandeis University is regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), formerly known as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE).
3. Temple University
Established in 1918, the Fox School of Business at Temple University serves more than 9,000 full-time students. Based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, FSB is the region’s second-largest graduate business school. More than 1,300 students are currently enrolled in the school’s MBA, Ph.D., and specialized master’s programs.
万宝路平台官网The teaches students how to develop digital marketing strategies, apply the latest innovations, and interpret metrics for maximum impact and informed decision-making. Students in the 30-credit program complete eight core courses, including information systems, business models, and marketing. The program culminates in a six-credit capstone. Courses are synchronous with an emphasis on high levels of engagement among peers and with instructors. There are no on-site requirements. Part-time and full-time options are available. Once matriculation begins, students have two years to complete the program. Part-time students can complete the degree in as little as 16 months.
To apply to Temple’s internet marketing master’s degree program, prospective students must have a baccalaureate degree, preferably in business. Applicants submit two letters of reference, two essays, and GMAT/GRE scores. Up to six transfer credits are allowed. Prerequisites include enterprise architecture and marketing management and strategy.
Temple University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). All FSB graduate programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
4. Montclair State University
Montclair, New Jersey
万宝路平台官网Founded in 1908, Montclair State now serves more than 20,000 students through its nine colleges and schools. The AACSB-accredited Feliciano School of Business offers several graduate certificates, two master of science programs, and four MBAs. Students in the online MBA may choose from four concentrations, including digital marketing.
The MBA in requires 39 credits and takes 24 to 27 months to complete. Terms run for eight weeks, and there are six start dates per year. The curriculum for this master’s degree in internet marketing consists of 24 courses: 18 in core business topics and six in digital marketing. Students study social and mobile media, geotagging, the evolution of social media, digital ad planning, omni-channel retailing, and return on digital marketing investment. All courses are asynchronous, and the average class size is 23.
Graduate school applicants must submit official transcripts, an essay, resume, and two letters of reference. The school may waive the GMAT/GRE requirement for students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
Montclair State University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
5. Missouri University of Science and Technology
In 1870, Missouri S&T became one of the first technological institutions west of the Mississippi River. Today, the university serves nearly 9,000 students in 97 programs. Students can customize an advanced degree by adding graduate certificates.
万宝路平台官网Students in the AACSB-accredited MBA or Master in Information Science and Technology at Missouri S&T can choose from a variety of technology certificates, including , electronic and social commerce, and enterprise resource planning. These certificates teach students how to use technology to streamline production, maximize resources, and inform decisions. A graduate degree with a concentration digital media e-commerce, or ERP prepares students for the business challenges of tomorrow. The programs take two to three years to complete.
万宝路平台官网The 36-credit online MBA requires seven core courses and five electives. A graduate certificate may account for 12 of the required 15 elective credits. The online MS IST is 30 credits, four core courses and six electives. The digital media certificate focuses on the importance of social and digital networks and their role in modern business planning. Topics covered include big data, business analytics, and marketing strategy.
To be considered, MBA applicants must provide proof of a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, they should hold a minimum 3.0 GPA or the last two years of coursework. Prospective students should score a 550 or better for the GMAT or a 290 or better for the GRE.
万宝路平台官网Missouri University of Science and Technology is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission since 1913.
6. Messiah College
Founded in 1909, Messiah College is a nondenominational Christian college located in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. Today, its student body exceeds 3,300. The college offered its first online courses in 2008 and launched its first graduate program in 2009. Messiah College offers over 150 undergraduate programs and 27 graduate degrees and certificates. The 36-credit MBA program features six concentrations, including social entrepreneurship and dietetics.
The focuses on navigating the world of online advertising, social media, and big data. Students learn how to ethically target customers and grow business. The MBA curriculum includes nine courses in core topics such as business strategy and innovation. Courses in the digital marketing concentration address logic, strategy, and the power of analytics. Terms last eight weeks, with sessions available year-round. The master’s in internet marketing concludes with an integrated capstone bridging theory with practice. The MBA program takes two years to complete.
万宝路平台官网Prior to applying, prospective MBA candidates must fulfill prerequisites in microeconomics, finance, accounting, and statistics. Applicants must hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 from a regionally accredited institution. All online students pay the same tuition rate. Discounts for graduate degrees and certificates are renewable every year until program completion.
万宝路平台官网Messiah College is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
7. Saint ’ University of Minnesota
A Lasallian Catholic university based in Winona, Minnesota, SMU has served the educational needs of the Gopher State since 1912. The school offers 60 programs on-campus, in blended format, and online to accommodate working professionals. SMU’s consists of 10 courses, split between seven classes in business and three in a chosen concentration. Students may choose from three areas of emphasis: data analytics, social media management and marketing, and sustainability/environmental management.
The master’s degree in internet marketing from SMU features courses in digital storytelling, brand strategy, and ethics in social marketing. Learners discover how to create interactive narratives, assemble a brand hierarchy, and articulate media economics. The ethics course, which takes on issues like the concept of privacy and truth in art, prepares MBA candidates for the NISM Social Media Strategist certification exam. Core courses, meanwhile, focus in on developing a strong business acumen and leadership skills.
万宝路平台官网This asynchronous accelerated program takes 18 months or less to complete.
The live-case capstone may be completed locally at an approved organization. There are three start dates each year. Application requirements include an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution, a 2.75 GPA, a written statement, and two letters of reference. Upon approval, students may transfer up to six graduate credits.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
8. Saint Leo University Online
Saint Leo, Florida
万宝路平台官网A Catholic liberal arts university established in 1889, Saint Leo University has a long history with distance education. Saint Leo enrolls over 13,000 students in undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs, and the majority of these students are enrolled in entirely online degree programs.
Saint Leo offers an degree program for busy professionals seeking a flexible path to career advancement in this growing field. This master’s in digital marketing online program requires 36 total credits for completion; 18 of these credits are in the concentration. The curriculum covers key topics with online college courses in areas such as:
- Digital Storytelling and Crisis Management
- Gamification Applications in Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Web Analytics
Graduates emerge prepared to successfully apply their technical knowledge and skills in a variety of business settings.
万宝路平台官网This online master’s in digital marketing program utilizes eight-week terms and may be completed in as little as 12 months. Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree and must submit two professional letters of recommendation.
Saint Leo University Online is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
9. Benedictine University
万宝路平台官网Benedictine University in Lisle, Illinois, has provided liberal arts education for more than 130 years. The Roman Catholic university offers 65 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, including 11 online degrees. Benedictine’s career-oriented online MBA prepares students to take on leadership roles in their organizations. Seven concentrations allow students to hone their skills in an area of interest. The delves into web analytics, social media, SEO, and conversion optimization. Students analyze online customer behavior to inform decisions on campaign strategy, forecasting, and segmentation.
Benedictine uses quarter hours instead of semester hours. The core curriculum is 52 quarter hours, while each concentration is 12 quarter hours. This master’s degree in internet marketing requires no on-campus visits. Distance learners have a choice between two tracks: a traditional path that takes 22 months and an accelerated path that students can complete in as little as a year. Courses are asynchronous.
万宝路平台官网Students may transfer up to 32 quarter hours for previous graduate courses. Business students may also apply a maximum of 16 undergraduate credits. The school provides six start dates per year, meaning new students can start the program quickly. Graduate applications require transcripts, two letters of recommendation, and a letter of intent. Potential students should have a minimum GPA 2.75 in all postsecondary coursework. Tuition is the same for all online students regardless of state residency. Benedictine participates in the Yellow Ribbon program and grants benefits to military members and their spouses.
万宝路平台官网Benedictine University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
10. Concordia University - Chicago
万宝路平台官网River Forest, Illinois
万宝路平台官网Concordia University – Chicago is a private liberal arts university that was established in 1864. It enrolls around 6,000 students in a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs. The Chicago school is part of the Lutheran-affiliated Concordia University System.
The at Concordia University – Chicago comes with a digital marketing specialization option. This 32 credit curriculum builds on Concordia’s four pillars of business education: ethics and social responsibility, critical thinking and entrepreneurial mindset, communication and human relations, and global interconnectedness and inclusiveness. The master’s in digital marketing online program incorporates 12 hours of specialized coursework in digital strategy and planning, digital marketing analytics, social media marketing, and mobile marketing.
In addition to coursework, students complete a business e-portfolio. This online master’s in digital marketing program can be completed in one accelerated year of study. Students may select a second specialization, although this requires additional time and coursework.
万宝路平台官网For admission, applicants must submit an objective statement, transcripts, two letters of recommendation, and a resume. Applicants must also have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.85. Applicants do not need to submit GRE or GMAT scores.
Concordia University – Chicago is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
11. Fort Hays State University
万宝路平台官网A leader in distance education, Fort Hays offers over 200 online degrees and certificates as well as nearly 600 online courses per semester. Approximately half the student body enrolls in FHSU’s virtual college, which has served busy learners for more than two decades. Today, more than 6,000 students attend FHSU online.
万宝路平台官网FHSU’s online MBA is a flexible, rigorous program intended for working professionals. The 34-credit degree consists of 12 courses: nine in core business topics and three in a chosen concentration. The school offers 12 MBA concentrations, including accounting, human resources management, and leadership studies. The concentration in digital marketing explores the concepts, issues, and strategies that have emerged with the ride of the internet and social media. The core MBA curriculum covers fundamental business topics such as managerial accounting, information systems, and corporate finance. Part-time students can complete this in three years. No campus visits are required, and courses are asynchronous. Terms begin three times a year.
, prospective MBA candidates must submit official transcripts, a resume, two letters of recommendation, GMAT/GRE test scores, and a personal statement. Virtual college students receive a discount regardless of state residency. Up to nine graduate credits may transfer into the program upon approval by the MBA committee. Foundational MBA prerequisites may be waived with an undergraduate degree in business.
Fort Hays State University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
12. Southern New Hampshire University
Manchester, New Hampshire
Based in Manchester, New Hampshire, SNHU’s enrollment extends far beyond its municipal borders. While more than 3,000 students attend the university campus, over 80,000 are enrolled in distance education. SNHU offers a catalog of 200 online programs, including an MBA with a choice of 27 concentrations. Taught entirely online, the 12-course takes just over a year to complete.
万宝路平台官网This master’s program focuses on creating and implementing effective social media marketing campaigns. Graduates are proficient in conducting market research, unlocking insights via analytics, and leveraging social media for business success. In addition to three courses in the social media concentration, students also complete eight in core business concepts. The program culminates in a capstone. Courses are asynchronous. Students must meet prerequisites in statistics, economics, financial reporting, business law, and human behavior. Oftentimes, SNHU will waive these courses for prior undergraduate coursework.
SNHU makes admissions decisions on a rolling basis so students may apply at any time. There are five terms per academic year. SNHU offers a 25% discount for U.S. service members and spouses of active-duty military personnel.
Southern New Hampshire University is regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), formerly known as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE).
13. Fairleigh Dickinson University - Metropolitan Campus
万宝路平台官网Teaneck, New Jersey
Located in Teaneck, New Jersey, FDU serves 12,000 students. The school offers over 100 programs, including four business master’s degrees. The , launched in spring 2017, is a 30-credit program that prepares current and aspiring marketing professionals for work in the online environment. Students gain skills such as analytics, SEO, and digital engagement.
The digital marketing degree requires two marketing courses, seven digital strategy courses, four enrichment courses, and a capstone. Topics include marketing strategy, social media, and consumer behavior. Students learn as part of a cohort and participate in teams to simulate work in the real world. Classes are limited to 25 students so that each learner can receive individual attention. Asynchronous courses allow students to access lectures whenever is most convenient. The program concludes with a choice of either an internship or thesis project. Part-time students can finish the degree in two years.
万宝路平台官网Applicants submit official transcripts, GRE or GMAT scores, and letters of recommendation. Potential students also must be available for personal interviews, which are not mandatory but may be used to determine final admission decisions. Students without a business background must complete additional foundational courses. FDU has been educating veterans since 1946 and is a proud Yellow Ribbon university.
Fairleigh Dickinson University – Metropolitan Campus is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
14. National University
La Jolla, California
万宝路平台官网National University was founded in 1971. The school offers more than 100 programs on-campus and online. Its unique four-week class format means students have 12 windows per year to start, resume, or complete their degrees. The MBA program at NU is available in nine concentrations, including financial management, international business, and mobile marketing and social media.
The prepares students for marketing in an online environment. Learning outcomes include energizing a customer base, evaluating marketing plans in a digital economy, and establishing a web presence. Comprised of a minimum 63 quarter units, this internet marketing master’s degree explores topics such as analytics, customer insights, branding, and tracking return on investment. The curriculum breaks down into five core requirements, four electives, and five courses in the social media concentration.
To apply, students must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and have a 2.5 GPA or better. Students may transfer up to 13.5 quarter units of prior graduate coursework in which they earned a
B or better. Students without a business background may have to take three additional foundational courses. For waiver consideration, students take exams that test their knowledge.
National University is regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
15. Ohio Christian University
万宝路平台官网Founded in 1948 as a school for the clergy, OCU is a private, Christian college rooted in the Wesleyan tradition. The school offers degrees in professional studies to more than 4,000 students. The university imparts a biblical worldview in all its educational offerings. OCU’s MBA emphasizes business management skills, ethics, critical thinking, and strategic decision-making. There are six concentrations to choose from, including from accounting, organizational leadership, and .
万宝路平台官网Comprised of 36 credits, the MBA in digital marketing requires eight core courses and four courses in the concentration. The core curriculum offers an overview of business essentials, including finance, management theory, and global business. A course in the psychology of marketing breaks down ways to better understand the customer base. In the product and brand development class, students learn about market research and branding within the e-commerce environment.
万宝路平台官网Participation is asynchronous. Students go through the program together as a cohort. All courses last six weeks. Residents of Ohio or Georgia have the option to enroll in a blended format which meets once a week. There are two semesters per academic year, and each semester is split into two terms. MBA applicants must hold an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution. Potential students should have at least a 2.5 GPA. OCU offers a discount on tuition for qualified military students, veterans, spouses, and dependents.
万宝路平台官网Ohio Christian University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
The Advantages of a Master’s Degree in Internet Marketing
万宝路平台官网Earning a master’s degree means new career opportunities. Bachelor’s degrees prepare students for entry-level positions, like coordinators and specialists, where they implement campaigns but don’t contribute to big-picture decisions, like forming strategies. Other entry-level internet marketing positions include social media coordinators, assistant content creators, and marketing specialists.
万宝路平台官网Earning a master’s degree teaches students how to develop marketing plans, manage budgets, approve messages, and oversee employees. With a master’s degree, you can pursue higher-level positions, like marketing manager, communication director, or creative director. These positions offer more earning potential than the positions you can get with a bachelor’s, as demonstrated in the table below.
Average Salary by Degree Level
|Degree Level||Average Salary|
What Can You Do With a Master’s Degree in Internet Marketing?
A master’s in internet marketing prepares graduates for success in communication jobs like press secretary or art director. Communicators learn strategies to use their creativity, organization, and analytical skills to reach more consumers. Below are just a few of the jobs that communications master’s graduates can pursue.
- These professionals use online marketing tools to help organizations build public images and increase sales. They do this through online advertisements, search engine optimization, and social media campaigns, and they often oversee an entire marketing department. Online marketing managers must have strong leadership and effective storytelling skills
Salary based on experience:
- Entry Level: $52,000
- Mid-Career: $71,000
- Experienced: $77,000
- Late Career: N/A
- Marketing managers are similar to online marketing managers in that they are chiefly concerned with increasing brand awareness. However, their work isn’t restricted to the online space, though they may use online advertisements. Marketing managers also oversee advertising campaigns in analog spaces, like subway posters, billboards, television and radio commercials, or magazine advertisements.
Salary based on experience:
- Entry Level: $54,000
- Mid-Career: $67,000
- Experienced: $74,000
- Late Career: $79,000
- Digital project managers oversee the creation of digital campaigns on a practical level, managing budgets, delegating assignments, and evaluating the project’s effectiveness. This career is good for people who are detail oriented and love problem-solving
Salary based on experience:
- Entry Level: $54,000
- Mid-Career: $69,000
- Experienced: $87,000
- Late Career: $80,000
- Brand managers help an organization or company develop name recognition among target audiences by controlling the way the brand presents itself. One of their major responsibilities is enforcing company trademarks. Their goal is to ensure that consumers associate positive feelings with the brand.
Salary based on experience:
- Entry Level: $57,000
- Mid-Career: $77,000
- Experienced: $88,000
- Late Career: $88,000
- These professionals oversee public messaging, not just marketing. Communication directors also use unpaid media, like interviews or grassroots social campaigns, to reach target demographics. At nonprofits, they help spread issue awareness, rally support, and solicit donations. In corporate settings, they oversee internal and external messaging, like notifying stakeholders about changes.
Salary based on experience:
- Entry Level: $45,000
- Mid-Career: $61,000
- Experienced: $80,000
- Late Career: $91,000
Choosing an Online Internet Marketing Graduate Degree Program
There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing a master’s in digital marketing online degree program. Given the amount of time and money that you’ll invest in the degree, it’s important to choose the program that’s right for you.
When selecting a program, set high standards. In order to guide your decision process, determine the criteria that’s most important to you in a school. Message each school directly and ask additional questions. With all the options available, you should be able to find the perfect program for you. Below are a few factors to consider:
- Program Cost:
- For most students, tuition price is a major consideration. You can often save money on tuition by attending a top school in your home state, though some schools offer online tuition rates that are comparable to in-state tuition. Shop around so you can get a feel for what price points are normal.
- Transfer policies:
- Even if you absolutely love your program, life has a way of intervening, and you might need to transfer. Before signing up for a program, read the school’s transfer agreement. Generally, schools with regional accreditation have more transferable credits. If you already have transfer credits that you’d like to apply toward your degree, check with each school’s admissions department. Some schools accept more credits than others.
- School Size and Type:
- When choosing a school, consider what learning environment works best for you. If you feel overwhelmed interacting with many students, attending a small, private university might be right for you. If you get energized hearing from many, diverse voices, consider a large, public university. Keep in mind that advanced classes at public universities tend to be smaller than entry-level courses.
- Program Length:
- There can be a lot of variation when it comes to program length. Most internet marketing master’s programs take two years for full-time students, but students with full-time jobs should consider attending school part-time. A master’s program typically takes part-time students four years to complete.
- On-campus Requirements:
- Some online programs have on-campus requirements. Usually these requirements are minimal, like annual weekend seminars, but hybrid programs can include whole classes that must be attended in person. When choosing a program, especially out-of-state, pay close attention to on-campus requirements before signing up. Transportation to these events can present an unexpected financial burden.
- Thesis, Fellowship, and Work Requirements:
- In addition to routine classwork, most online master’s degrees include thesis projects, fellowships, or work requirements. While these are great learning experiences, they also mean more time and attention. You must plan to fit these extra requirements into your schedule.
Accreditation for Online Internet Marketing Master’s Degrees
Accreditation is a key factor when choosing an online degree. Without accreditation, your degree might not be worth much. The U.S. Department of Education (ED) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) oversee accrediting bodies, ensuring that they only grant accreditation to schools meet that high educational standards. To quickly check whether a school is accredited by an approved agency, visit CHEA’s accrediting agencies list.
There are three kinds of accreditation that schools can receive: national accreditation, regional accreditation, and programmatic accreditation. If a school holds national accreditation, it’s most likely a trade or vocational school, and its accrediting agency operates across the entire U.S. On the other hand, schools with regional accreditation are approved by an agency in a particular region. Generally, schools with regional accreditation are liberal arts colleges and have more transferable credits.
Both regionally accredited and nationally accredited schools can hold programmatic accreditation for internet marketing, meaning that the program itself is accredited rather than the whole school. The Digital Marketing Institute provides programmatic accreditation for internet marketing programs.
How Long Does It Take to Complete an Online Master of Internet Marketing Degree Program?
Most internet marketing online master’s programs require 60 credits. Students can usually complete courses at their own pace, but most schools set minimum and maximum semester credit requirements. Students who attend school full time finish faster, while those with jobs or families to manage often choose to enroll part time. On average, full-time students complete their degrees in two years, while part-time students take about four years.
Completing your degree in a timely manner can save you money, especially with tuition rates rising each year. If you want to complete your degree sooner, look for an accelerated program, or a school that will allow you to double up your credits.
Courses in an Online Master’s in Internet Marketing Program
- Marketing Strategies
- In this course, students learn how to effectively reach target audiences through various channels, conduct market research, determine appropriate product pricing, and develop a marketing plan. Similar to a foundational course, this class offers a broad overview of what students can expect to learn in more concentrated classes.
- Social Media Management
- Social media plays a huge role in internet marketing. In this class, students learn to use social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube to sell products and raise brand awareness. The course also covers paid partnerships with social media influencers and bloggers.
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Marketing
- As with most careers, marketing professionals must stay informed of current legal and ethical issues in the field. This class examines legal issues through case studies and encourages students to establish their own ethical frameworks. The course includes extensive reading assignments and online discussion boards.
- Digital Storytelling and Branding
- This class applies marketing theories to online spaces. Students learn how to use digital storytelling to help organizations stand out from competitors, earn customer loyalty, and gain brand recognition through web design, social media, video, copywriting, and photography.
- Online Marketing Channels
- Websites are just the beginning when it comes to online marketing channels. This course exposes students to best practices for different online markets, including email marketing, affiliate marketing, mobile marketing, discussion boards, marketplace reviews, and virtual spaces.
Internet Marketing Professional Organizations
- The AMA provides ongoing education and support for marketing professionals through its 70 local chapters. Members can access exclusive AMA content, like informational white papers, and discounts on products and events. The AMA also offers professional certifications and training opportunities.
- IMA advocates for internet marketing best practices and helps members achieve their professional goals. The organization provides a free membership, which includes access to industry trends and data reports, a peer community, event invitations, and professional certification opportunities. The premium membership includes invitations to an exclusive conference and regular email newsletters.
- PRSA advocates for integrity in the public relations field. Members can attend regional meetings and webinars with informative speakers, access exclusive job boards, view articles and email newsletters, and network with one another through annual conferences. PRSA is ideal for professionals who are interested in communicating with diverse populations.
- This international organization connects its members with other marketing professionals across the world. SMEI members can access certification classes, online forums, and webinars. The organization also hosts a blog, which is a useful educational tool and a publishing opportunity for SMEI members.
- SMC connects its members with other social media professionals from all over the world. The club’s mission is to promote inclusivity and digital literacy in online social spaces. Members receive free or discounted access to SMC conferences and events, white papers, and industry research. Businesses can also join and advertise through SMC’s marketing channels.
Best Online Master’s in Internet Marketing Programs for 2018
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Saint Mary’ s University of Minnesota
- Messiah College
Southern New Hampshire University
Manchester, New Hampshire
- Montclair State University
Montclair, New Jersey
Fort Hays State University
Ohio Christian University
- Fairleigh Dickinson University - Metropolitan Campus
Teaneck, New Jersey
Albany, New York
La Jolla, California